Many people make new year resolutions that involve either losing weight, being more healthy, or getting fit. They would go join a gym, maybe go a couple of days the first week, but by the end of the month, their gym membership would be old news and they’re back to not going to the gym. Instead of making getting fit a new years resolution, start now. Start today. I’ve outlined some tips below to help you get healthy and fit.
- Find a workout buddy. It’s much easier and way more fun to workout with a friend. You motivate each other and have someone to answer to if you’re not trying your best or miss a workout. It also keeps your workouts much safer. You’ve got a spotter and someone there to watch out for you as you would do for them. Plus, if you have any illnesses and faint or something, they’ll be there to catch you and help you out. Just remember, if you’re not working out with a buddy, wear a women’s medical alert bracelet to keep you safe.
- Find a routine. When you get yourself into a routine, your body adjusts to it and it will get easier day to day. If you squeeze in a workout every morning before work, your body will eventually wake up on its own, and it won’t be as hard if you’re waking up at the same time every day.
- Do interval training to lose weight. Studies have shown that quick spurts of exercise then resting and continuing the cycle is the most effective way to burn fat. Make sure that when you’re doing interval training, that you’re doing it properly. Do a one minute sprint for as fast as you can, then take a minute to recover, then repeat this for 20 minutes.
- Do your workouts right. Sweating doesn’t necessarily mean you’re burning fat. If you’re in a sauna and sweating, it just means you’re hot. To burn fat, you’ve got to get your heart rate up – this basically means you’re burning calories. The harder you workout, the more you will sweat and your heart rate will go up.
- Eat right. Did you know that 80% of losing weight has to do with your diet and only 20% has to do with exercise? This means that if you are looking to lose weight, you’ve got to eat right along with working out. Never starve yourself or take diet pills – those don’t work. Instead, eat 3 balanced meals or 5 smaller meals per day.
To recap, if you want to get fit, start now! Use the tips above to help you and also grab a buddy to get more motivation. Just make sure you’re doing everything in a safe manner. If you’re working solo, just remember to wear some sort of medical alert bracelets for men or women in case anything happens. Visit your doctor if you don’t know if your workouts or diet is safe. Everything is moderation is a good mantra to follow. Good luck!